starting service order

From: Sebastien ESTIENNE
Subject: starting service order
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:57:41 +0200

Hello,
I'm in the process to integrate monit in linux gentoo as the default way to handle system services. I wanted to know if it was possible to define the order in which the services will start. for example mysql before apache. I think it's different from dependencies because sometimes only the order is important. Maybe it could be implemented using dependency, if we could define that some dependency can fail.
thanks for your answers