Request for vote. [was: Re: FYI: m/monit first stab]

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Request for vote. [was: Re: FYI: m/monit first stab]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:29:10 +0100

"Caleb clark" <address@hidden> writes:

> Installed - Looks great so far!
>
> very much looking forward to future releases.
>
> If there is anything i can do to help, I would love too.
>
> Is there an area for developers, to see things that need to be done and
> such?

When version 1.0 is ready (in a week or so I hope) I'll check the
directory mmonit under webapps into CVS. (This is the directory
containing the m/monit application with source code. I also need to
cleanup stuff, i.e. I see that there is some wrongly Copyrights
floting around ++).

We should also create a new m/monit web page under monit's home page,
with more information about m/monit. I also see m/monit as a part of
the monit project and that it is discussed and developed along with
monit on the already existing mailing lists (shuch as this one).

All this of course depends on that the other core developers of the
monit project agrees. We have discussed this before but it does not
hurt to bring it up again, now that m/monit starts to take form and
become a reality and not just foilware.

So, what do you do you think Martin, Christian and Rory, do you agree
with the plan outlined above? My vote, of course, is +1 :-)

(With all this sales pitch from my side I can see that it may be hard
to vote against this integration, so to make it fair I must say that I
have not invested much in m/monit yet and will absolutely not have any
hard feelings if you disagree and do not want this integration and I
will understand if you have objections and only want to focus on monit)

Again just to make it clear: m/monit is a rather "simple" application
and is just a nice facade against many monit servers running on many
machines. The main application *is* and always will be, monit, monit
does all the heavy-duty work and contains all the complex and advanced
logic.

m/monit takes on the form of a simple viewer (monit browser?) and
later, a collector of historic data from the monit servers. I think
and hope that the combination, monit and m/monit will be a nice
"package" and will bring new interest to monit and to the monit
project. That's all :-)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland