Re: Feature request: /etc/monit.d config directory and include support

From: Georges Toth
Subject: Re: Feature request: /etc/monit.d config directory and include support
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:19:34 +0100

On Thursday 11 December 2003 13:37, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> writes:
> > We can use an embedded database directly for configuration instead
> > of monitrc.
>
> Of course, this means that configuring monit *must* be done through a
> web-interface. I'm not sure if this is okay or not...

it doesn't have to be configured via the webinterface
maybe it should be configurable, wether you want to configure monit via the
webinterface or not.. ?

you could have a tool which parses the current monitrc format and replaces the
config in db.
that way you aren't forced to use the webinterface
on the other hand, both formats will have to be supported and maintained which
might not be desirable

hmmm...?

--

regards,