Re: Config file syntax

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Config file syntax
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:49:15 +0200

John Williams <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just installed monit 3.2, and noticed that although the manual says
> that  the word "program" in the configuration file is just noise and is
> ignored, it is in fact needed in lines like:
>       start program = "some command"

This will work also: start = "some command"

> If you leave the word "program" out, it looks to me like the whole of
> the string in quotes is interpreted as the name of the program to
> execute, instead of being parsed as program name plus arguments.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an error in the documentation.

The documentation is correct, it is a bug in the lexer when parsing
the config file. This bug was reported a while ago and was fixed in
CVS and in the soon to be released monit 4.0 version.¹

Thanks for the report, keep 'em comming :)

¹ We are done with adding features, and as soon as, Rory, the CPO
(Chief Porting Officer), is done with porting monit to the various
plattforms, 4.0 will be released.

Regards,
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland