Re: Monit startup script

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit startup script
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:31:26 +0100

ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif wrote:

Hello,

I, am a very satisfied user of monit i use it to monitor my name and squid
server.
Last time i installed Monit it was v3.0. Reading the documentation for this new version i did not find any startup script to put in the rc folders.

Hi,

you can find monit startup script in the distribution under monit-3.2/contrib/rc.monit. There are few modifications/fixes of it since version 3.2 - you can find it on CVS (for example http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/monit/monit/contrib/rc.monit?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain)

An other question is regarding the number of daemons monit starts.
When i do ps to check what process are running i see 4 daemons for named.
is that monit responsibility or named ?

Please send your 'ps -elf' output

Cheers,