Re: Automake?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Automake?
Date: 20 Aug 2002 17:56:15 +0200

Mark Ferlatte <address@hidden> writes:

> autogen.sh is only for developers, and generates all of the files
> that are needed for building, but which shouldn't be in CVS.  In our
> case, it just makes sure you have autoconf, and then runs autoheader
> and autoconf.  It's perhaps more useful when you're using automake
> as well.  I just hacked the one from gnet, which is a hacked one
> from GNOME.

Okay.

> > What happened to PIDDIR in monitor.h ? This variable should be
> > substituted from configure with either with /etc or /var/run. You
> > still need to use AC_SUBST(PID_DIR) don't you?  This variable is used
> > in file.c:init_files as MYPIDDIR.
>
> monitor.h sets MYPIDDIR=PIDDIR, and PIDDIR is defined in config.h, and
> is detected in configure (using AC_DEFINE, so it goes in the header).

I found out, I was running autoconf 2.13 so nothing much happened, and
config.h was empty :) (My system has autoconf 2.13 and 2.53 where 2.13
is the default) Everything looks okay now. I suggest that we check in
Mark's autoconf stuff then, is this okay with the other developers?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland