Re: [Patch] Proc support for monit (preliminary, alpha^2)

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: [Patch] Proc support for monit (preliminary, alpha^2)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:22:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

> begin  Christian Hopp quote on Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 06:00:19PM +0200:
> > - FreeBSD is not implemented (HELP!!!!)
>
> Note that while FreeBSD has a procfs, it's very rarely mounted.  The BSD
> tools generally prefer to poke around in /dev/kmem.

So why does Solaris, which also is an ancestor of the BSD family.

> Maybe I missed it, but why aren't you using libgtop (or embedding
> libgtop into monit)? It seems to do what you want, and isn't dependent
> upon a /proc style filesystem.

Monit should not depend on other libraries like libgtop.  Anyways I read
though the code of libgtop and it doesn't look nice.  I need to have
some specific data for monit, which libgtop does not provide.

C.Hopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113