Re: New monit web-interface

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: New monit web-interface
Date: 12 Jul 2002 12:51:02 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> Problem is, that mtime can easily be modified (for example by unix
> 'touch' command). Its not big problem for intruder to mangle this
> value.

I know, I was think appart from mangling that it could be a good
idea.

Anyway, given Thomas and your's objections about changing the checksum
feature which, BTW I agree with - I wasn't thinking about mangling. I
think the best thing is to leave the checksum function as is.

Because if a user choose to checksum a file he will probably want to
pay the extra penalty the test takes in CPU cycles. I mean, for a
program like monit, correctness is more important than speed.

+1 for not changing the checksum function

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland