Time format in mails...

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Time format in mails...
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:07:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Sorry, to bug you all some more... but monit's mail screw up my pine
and if you've read my last mail you know I got quite many. )-:

The "Date:" in mails has to have so called ARPA format... let me quote
the "mx.DateTime documentation" because it explains it short and
precise:

 The format is very simple:

 [Day, ]DD Mon YYYY HH:MM[:SS] ZONE

 where ZONE can be one of these: MDT, O, EDT, X, Y, CDT, UT, AST, GMT,
 PST, Z, V, CST, ADT, I, W, T, U, R, S, P, Q, N, EST, L, M, MST, K, H,
 E, F, G, D, PDT, B, C, UTC, A (the single letter ones being military
 time zones). Use of explicit time zone names other than UTC and GMT
 is depreciated, though. The better alternative is providing the
 offset from UTC being in effect at the given local time: +-HHMM (this
 is the offset you have to subtract from the given time in order to
 get UTC).

Please don't get me wrong... monit is the tool I was looking for and
it's already really good, except you know... (-:

Bye,

C.Hopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113