monit-dev

Re: monit-4.3.1-beta2 release?

From: rory toma
Subject: Re: monit-4.3.1-beta2 release?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:58:47 -0700

Christian Hopp wrote:

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Martin Pala wrote:

Hi,

what about to release monit-4.3.1-beta2? We have following additional
changes in comparision to beta1:

---
BUGFIXES:
*  Fix possible monit crash on opteron based systems. Thanks to Hans
   Rauch <h!rauch at help!hessen!de> for reporting the problem.

*  In the case that the monitored file's or directory's uid, gid
   or permission failed, display the invalid value and warning
   in monit HTTP interface in red font instead of green and vice
   versa in the case that the parameter will recover. Thanks to
   Andreas Rust <rust at webnova!de> for reporting the problem.

NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
*  Add --without-accurate-mem-calcs configure option. This option
   will cause on linux the usage of faster, but less accurate memory
   calculations. Default is accurate.
---

I think this beta could be good release candidate - there are no known
bugs currently. I can test it on solaris9/sparc and debian/x86.

What do you think?

+1... its a beta so we dont need to wait for more features.

Christian

+1 for me.

--
Rory Toma               address@hidden
Senior Principal Lead Something or Other