monit-announce

[Announce] Monit 5.2.2

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [Announce] Monit 5.2.2
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:19:28 +0100

Hi, everyone!

We have just released Monit 5.2.2 You can download the new release from:

http://mmonit.com/monit/download/

To simplify things we now also provide prebuilt binaries of Monit. So you can
either build Monit from source or download a binary for your system. The
binaries have OpenSSL 1.0.0a static linked and PAM support dynamic linked. This
means that the Monit binary will support SSL even if you do not have SSL
installed on your system.

Release information:
====================

This is a bug fix release which address the following issues

* Fix crash on MacOSX

* ICMP echo test (ping):
     - bug #31128: do not log error if different response type is received
     - bug #31129: do not require root to use ping test. Privilege to create
       raw socket is still required, but on some platforms such as Solaris it
       can be granted to non-root users too. If the user has no permission to
       perform ping, monit will skip the icmp test and log message (in debug
       mode only).

* rsync protocol test:
     - wait for full server response and verify exit was received
     - bug #31249: send full version to rsync server. Thanks to John Hall
       for report

Contact:
========

If you have questions, comments or any other feedback about this release,
please reply to this post.

Best regards from the Monit team