mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] bTGlobals max_range_len

From: Bernd Knochenhauer
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] bTGlobals max_range_len
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:03:18 +0200

Hi,

The official BT Client allows for a max_range_len of 2^17 (in BT
its called download_slice_size and defaults to 2^14). I tried changing
mlds default from 2^14 to 2^17 and got loads for broken chunks that
had to be re-downloaded. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the
BT plugin or perhaps the change i did wasn't too good. Another thing
that the offical BT Client doesn't have (but for example shadows
experimental client has) is protection against leech-Clients that send
empty or bogus chunks. In his implementation they'll get automatically
banned after sending (2 or 3) broken chunks. Could we have this in mlds
BT plugin, too ?

kind regards