mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] ref error

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] ref error
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 15:11:36 -0700

On Wed, 2017-11-01 at 23:59 +0200, David Gray wrote:
> This is the scmutils generic ref. When I replace the generic ref with
> vector-ref it works ok, I just thought this error was strange, the
> only difference being loading the file or just using it from the
> repl.

There is this "gotcha" with the *scheme* buffer:

    After examining an error, whether or not you choose to enter the
    debugger, you should type "C-c C-c" to get back to the top level.
    This is important because if you don't the evaluations you
    subsequently perform may refer to the error state rather than to the
    state you intended.  [scmutils/manual/beginner.txt]

It sounds like the wrong environment was used somewhere.