mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] let-fluid

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] let-fluid
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:47:11 +0000

   Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 18:14:43 +0200
   From: Federico Beffa <address@hidden>

   I'm trying to compile the latest (20150730) scmutils library
   http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/gjs/6946/linux-install.htm
   with mit-scheme 9.2, but I get the following error:

   $ scheme < compile.scm
   ;Unbound variable: let-fluid

   I've not found any reference to 'let-fluid' in the reference manual.
   Do I have to do anything special?

   The previous version of the library compiles with no errors.

I suspect Gerry built the latest scmutils against MIT Scheme's
bleeding-edge Git master, not against 9.2.

You can use 9.2 to build MIT Scheme from Git -- or, if not, that's a
bug in MIT Scheme that needs to be fixed.

And...we need a better compatibility story concerning fluids than what
is in Git master right now.  The current state of affairs is no good.