mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Installing MIT Scheme on FreeBSD x86_64

From: Francis GUDIN
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Installing MIT Scheme on FreeBSD x86_64
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:21:23 +0100

Dean Menezes writes:

Actually, the build of the portable C version also fails as follows;

run_cmd in runtime/: ../microcode/scheme --library ../lib --fasl
http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/lib/runtime/make.so --heap 6000
--batch-mode

initialize: (runtime floating-point-environment)

Unhandled signal received within critical section "garbage collector".

Killed by SIGSEGV.

*** Error code 1

Hi,

I don't feel alone anymore: same issue on DragonFly x86. I had a few private mails back and forth with T. Campbell about it, but I didn't make any significant progress, alas.

That'd be great if someone knowledgeable could take a close look. If that helps, I export my faulty build here: http://pkgbox.bsdbellule.fr/mit-scheme/
You'll find a src/runtime/scheme.core that could give a clue to experts.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
--
Francis