mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Running MIT Scheme on Windows in Emacs

From: Nick Parker
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Running MIT Scheme on Windows in Emacs
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:58:54 -0600

All,

I am attempting to run MIT scheme within emacs on Windows.  When I run M-x run-scheme it errors out with the following message:

Process scheme exited abnormally with code 1
scheme: can't find a readable default for option --band.
searched for file all.com in these directories:
\scheme\lib
Reason for termination:
Inconsistency detected.

On the #scheme irc channel, it was suggested that I run C-u M-x run-scheme and provide the value that the link from Windows executes, which is:

"C:/Program Files/MIT-GNU Scheme/bin/scheme.exe" --library "C:/Program Files/MIT-GNU Scheme/lib"

This causes a REPL window to open outside of emacs.  When I run M-x run-scheme in emacs on OSX I am able to get the same REPL inside of emacs as another buffer.  Is it possible to get scheme to run as a REPL inside of emacs as another buffer?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Nick Parker
www.developernotes.com