mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Query about compiled code

From: Amey Karkare
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Query about compiled code
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:39:54 +0530

Hi,
 I am trying to understand memory management and garbage collection in
 mit-scheme.  My aim is to collect the all usage of car-s and cdr-s
 while interpreting a  given scheme program. I am able to do it if I
 the code is not compiled, by modifiying Prim_car and Prim_cdr
 routines in C. However, I am unable to track usage of car/cdr in compiled
 code. For e.g., for my function:

 (define (my-function lst)
  (begin (car lst)
     (cdr lst)
     ))

 I get 2 usage (1 each for car and cdr) for lst, if I have interpreted
 version of my-function, but 0 if I compile it. Can somebody help me
 in figuring out what needs to be done in case of compiled code?

Thanks and regards,
Amey Karkare

--
Amey Karkare,