mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] associating environments with Scheme file buffers

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] associating environments with Scheme file buffers in Edwin
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:50:05 -0400 (EDT)

[As a MIT Scheme /user/ and not a developer, I'm replying to the users
list.]

I think the nomenclature of "package" found in comments in MIT/GNU Scheme
sources is showing package dependencies (like what is done in C with
#includes), and really just duplicates the correct package information
that exists in some .pkg file.

I'm not so sure about the necessity for creating the package-local
variable facility you propose, but I think you've argued well for bringing
Edwin's buffer-local variable system up to snuff with Emacs's.  Edwin
supports something called "Edwin Variables" analogous to Emacs's "Local
Variables".  Perhaps you haven't taken a look at that yet.  I would think
that could set the `scheme-environment' variable as you wish.

But you're right, their should be some consistency between Emacs and
Edwin.  Unfortunately, I've read Edwin can barely mimic version 18(?) of
GNU Emacs.

/a