mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Instalation in /usr fails

From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Instalation in /usr fails
Date: 28 Jul 2003 13:18:28 +0000

Hi all,

I've been installing MIT-Scheme in /usr/local and everything seems to go
fine but I'm using Gentoo GNU/Linux Distro and I'm building an ebuild
for automatic package instalation under Gentoo. Instalation is being
done under /usr. When I try to run scheme I get:
euler root # scheme
scheme: can't find a readable default for option -band.
        searched for file runtime.com in these directories:
        /usr/local/lib/mit-scheme

Inconsistency detected.
euler root # which scheme
/usr/bin/scheme

Any idea why this happens? What can I do for it to work?

Best regards,

Paulo J. Matos