mit-scheme-devel

xscheme.el help

From: Frankie Y. Liu
Subject: xscheme.el help
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 19:28:26 -0700

I am using emacs 25.2 which comes with a compiled scheme.elc

I am adding in my .spacemacs file:

(require 'xscheme)

so that this loads when opening a .scm file

What is the correct way to override the emacs distributions's xscheme.el with the xscheme.el that comes with mit-scheme distribution?

------

Secondly, the documentation found in

https://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-user/GNU-Emacs-Interface.html

doesn't say much about how to use the [Debugger] and [Where] modes.

I found some instructions suggesting entering [Debugger] mode, by evaluating (debug), however Edwin has C-c C-d, so I was wondering if there is some other way of entering [Debugger] interaction mode.

But I am not sure how to interact with this mode, as nothing can be typed in the subprocess window, unlike when using the default run-scheme that leaves  a prompt in the inferior buffer.  In short, how does one interact with the [Debugger] interaction mode from the buffer editing the .scm file.

Similarly how does one enter the [Where] mode and interact with it.

I could not find any information in the docs.

Thanks,

-f