mit-scheme-devel

Scheme Coprocessor (Deuxieme partie)

From: Scheming Pony
Subject: Scheme Coprocessor (Deuxieme partie)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 18:38:15 +0000

The project I'm working on (a Libre CPU) could benefit from a symbolic
coprocessor.  I thought MIT/Scheme would be a candidate for a prototype,
running directly on one of the CPU cores.

What would it take MIT/Scheme run on a bare metal CPU (RISC-V or PowerPC) from
ROM?  I'm guessing it would at least need some (hopefully) minimal Posix
support.

Has this been done before?  CL has Mezzano, as a demonstration of this concept.
The CPU will be running at 300 MHz, and there should be adequate memory--640K
should be enough for a PC right?

-- Stewart Milberger