MXE on MacOS Host

From: Mark Hayden
Subject: MXE on MacOS Host
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 18:52:45 -0400

I have a Windows Qt app I have been cross-compiling from MacOS using Qt.  For
several years, I’ve been unable to update MXE toolchain for MacOS host because
of various errors.  I’ve reported bugs and made some attempt to fix the
problems but new ones seem to keep recurring.

Does anyone have recent success getting MXE (including Qt libraries) building
on MacOS?  Any suggestions/pointers for this?

I’m planning to upgrade to an M1 (ARM) MacBook.  I just tried installing MXE on
blank Macbook from scratch and did not get very far.  Does anyone have success
with MXE on these?  Ideally, I’d like to the MXE toolchain to run natively
(ARM).

thanks, Mark