Re: cross compile to MacOS

From: Robert Heller
Subject: Re: cross compile to MacOS
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:32:51 -0500 (EST)

At Mon, 30 Nov 2020 15:26:29 +0100 k.s.matheussen@notam02.no wrote:

> I'm using MXE to cross-compile for Windows, and osxcross to
> cross-compile for macos. It works just fine. I don't understand why it
> is a problem that you need a real mac in order to get access to the
> SDK, since you need a real mac to test your software anyway. Not
> testing your software is probably pointless for almost all non-trivial
> software that you plan to cross-compile.

It is possible to "cross-test" for MS-Windows using WINE, and it is nominally
possible to set up a virtual machine running a version of MS-Windows on a
Linux host.  At present there does not exist something line WINE for MacOSX
and setting up a  virtual machine running MacOSX on something other than a
MacOSX host is difficult.

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
heller@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services