Re: cross compile to MacOS

From: Zach Bacon
Subject: Re: cross compile to MacOS
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:11:29 -0500

Because the SDK contains all the headers necessary to compile software and in this case to have gcc/clang target macOS

On Mon., Nov. 30, 2020, 8:48 a.m. Valerio Messina, <efa@iol.it> wrote:
On 11/24/20 11:13 PM, Zach Bacon wrote:
> In theory one could use clang since it can cross compile without
> the need to be specially compiled itself. But it would still need the
> SDK regardless.

If I had to generate CLI (C99 or SUS) code, or code using library
already portable like SDL/GTK/QT, why is it necessary the SDK?

I tought it is necessary to generate app using the native Apple GUI
library, or not?

If I understood well, to generate Windows code using MXE/mingw, we need
the include files and open C libraries provided by the project, then the
C runtime is provider by Microsoft. I expect the same happen from Apple.

thank you for clarification,
--
Valerio