Re: CMake

From: Paul Buxton
Subject: Re: CMake
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 08:20:32 +0100

Great, thanks.
I will have a look and send a pull request if it all works out.

On Sat, 30 May 2020, 18:04 Tony Theodore, <tonyt@logyst.com> wrote:
On 30 May 2020, at 01:44, Paul Buxton <paulbuxton.mail@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi (again).
>
> I came across a CMake issue related to how it interprets PKG_CONFIG paths when cross compiling.
> This issue has been fixed Cmake 5.17, but I am guessing you are not ready to update to that for a single fix?

Cmake is usually fine to update to the latest version, we only have niche patches that don't affect standard builds.

You can run:
    % make update-package-cmake

and you should see:

```
NOTE: Please ensure all cmake packages build after updating with:
    make `make show-downstream-deps-cmake` MXE_TARGETS="i686-w64-mingw32.static i686-w64-mingw32.shared x86_64-w64-mingw32.static x86_64-w64-mingw32.shared"

NEW      cmake  3.15.4 --> 3.17.3
```

Our patches still apply to 3.17.3 - so if the downstream cmake packages build, we can update.