Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt texttospeech

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt texttospeech
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 17:32:38 +1100

> On 8 Feb 2017, at 16:04, Mark Hayden <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thanks!  Everything is building & running, but I haven’t got it to talk to me
> yet.  The same code works on MacOS and Android.   I’m just starting to look
> into possible causes.  Are you using the Qt text to speech yourself?  Does it
> work for you?

I don’t use it, but can see the same with the example program - builds and runs
but no output. It appears to disabled for mingw:

qtspeech-opensource-src-5.8.0/src/plugins/tts/tts.pro

 # mingw needs copies of the structures defined in sapi.h
 # until those are written, disable the sapi plugin for mingw
 windows:!winrt:!mingw: SUBDIRS += sapi

That could be why it hasn’t been added yet;)