[Mingw-cross-env-list] qt5base: .pc file install is broken in case of ou

From: Manner Róbert
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] qt5base: .pc file install is broken in case of out of source build
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 12:41:26 +0200

Hi,

With qmake, pc file (pkgconfig) install is broken in case you build out of source. I am using quite new mxe version (from Sept 1). To demonstrate the problem, I have created a little test app:

>>cat lib.cpp
int something() { return 0; }

>>cat test.pro
TEMPLATE = lib
SOURCE = lib.cpp
QMAKE_PKGCONFIG_NAME = $$TARGET
QMAKE_PKGCONFIG_DESTDIR = pkgconfig
QMAKE_PKGCONFIG_INCDIR = /tmp
CONFIG += create_pc create_prl no_install_prl
target.path = /tmp
INSTALLS += target

Now if I build and install in the source directory, I get that the pc file gets installed correctly:
>> $${XPATH}/qt5/bin/qmake && make && sudo make install
install -m 644 -p release/pkgconfig/test.pc /tmp/pkgconfig/test.pc

However if I build out of source, it fails:
>> mkdir build
>> cd build
>> $${XPATH}/qt5/bin/qmake && make && sudo make install
install -m 644 -p build/release/pkgconfig/test.pc /tmp/pkgconfig/test.pc
install: cannot stat 'build/release/pkgconfig/test.pc': No such file or directory

(It searches the file in wrong place.)
Most probably the problem comes from one of the qt prf files, but they look for me so cryptic, it is hard to find the place I am looking for. Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Robert