Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Congrats - short question.

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Congrats - short question.
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 13:30:41 +1100

> On 31 Jan 2016, at 23:39, Nagaev Boris <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 30/01/16 10:14, Nagaev Boris wrote:
>>>
>>> MXE uses sha256 to check integrity of tarballs.
>>

>> A better name for the variable would be:
>>
>>  $(PKG)_SHA256
>>
>> :-)
>>

> It would be a better name, but it is an incompatible change in all
> *.mk files.

I’m not sure it would be a better name as it conflates the purpose of
the variable with an implementation detail. Any future changes to the
implementation would require more than “mechanical” changes to *.mk
files - we’d also have to find all other logical uses.

In this case it would be fairly easy, but still, the general trend
should be towards higher level abstractions once we’ve found the
underlying commonality.