Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Congrats - short question.

From: Nagaev Boris
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Congrats - short question.
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 20:57:35 +0300

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Jos De Laender <address@hidden> wrote:
> Boris,
>
> I executed following on a fresh build :
>
> ./usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.shared-nm
> ./usr/i686-w64-mingw32.shared/bin/libstdc++-6.dll > std_shared.txt
> ./usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.shared-nm
> ./usr/i686-w64-mingw32.shared/bin/libexiv2-14.dll > exiv_shared.txt
> ./usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.static-nm
> ./usr/i686-w64-mingw32.shared/bin/libstdc++-6.dll > std_static.txt
> ./usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.static-nm
> ./usr/i686-w64-mingw32.shared/bin/libexiv2-14.dll > exiv_static.txt
>
> Using shared-nm or static-nm didn't make any difference (I'm noob in those
> things,  so maybe that's evident ...).
> In attachment you will find a compressed std_shared.txt and exiv_shared.txt.
>
> I'm not sure what those are telling. The symbol is in both, with an 'U' in
> libstdc++ , I don't know if that means something.
> Anything else I can do to find the reason ?

Something is wrong with your libstdc++-6.dll. Here there is the
following symbol in my libstdc++-6.dll:

6fec1330 T __ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev

T means "The symbol is in the text (code) section", i.e. it is
implemented in this file. U means "The symbol is undefined.", i.e. the
file depends on this symbol but doesn't implement it.

(For more information about nm see
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_nm.htm )

I don't know why this has happened.

Best regards,