Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE is building for Linux?

From: Gerardo Ballabio
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE is building for Linux?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:21:05 +0100

> Thanks, I’ve created a new issue [1] as we may build readline.

That, or add lua to the list of requirements?

I understand the argument for building native libraries in order not
to build them multiple times, but lua isn't a library and still needs
to be built for every target. I don't see why it (or cmake) should be
rebuilt rather than relying on the packages provided by the operating
system (unless they have known bugs). How are those different from the
other requirements that you ask to install as a prerequisite to MXE?
Why rebuild lua and not perl, python, ruby etc.?

Gerardo