[Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC downgraded to 4.9 series

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC downgraded to 4.9 series
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:54:31 +1100

Hi All,

“Writing software is hard enough when you can trust the compiler”[1].

We’ve decided to downgrade gcc to the 4.9 series[2] after reports of various runtime issues (and semi-related links to patches restoring old behaviour for different configurations). Since we no longer have a stable branch, the project will generally benefit from a more conservative approach to toolchain updates.

There are plans to provide the 5.2 series as an option for users who wish to continue using it. More details in the near future.