[Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE linux target

From: Deividas Kazlauskas
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE linux target
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 21:35:50 -0800

So I saw this project and tried it, it seems like it is very easy to
compile stuff for windows with this. I tried to hack it a little bit
(added x86_64-pc-linux-gnu to MXE_TARGETS and set to that target) to
compile binaries for linux instead, because, if it compiles for other
system so easily how can it be hard to compile for host? 90% of the
stuff seems to just build out of the box, but there are some errors and
therefore I cannot build. I want to ask, how correctly should I
configure mxe to build for the linux host? I know this is not supported
but I don't think it should be that hard because we build from source
anyway. And there are next to no modifications for downloaded sources
too (in a windows build that is).

For people who might ask why I don't want to use shared stuff from
packages, I want to basically have two options:

     1. dpkg package for user with dependencies specified (the linux way)
     2. single standalone static executable

Also, built packages are not always the latest and greatest and don't
always have needed features.

Any suggestions? Or maybe there's whole another guide on linux on how to
build things from scratch (without a lot of manual work like mxe does)?