Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] build report Thu Sep 17, 2015

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] build report Thu Sep 17, 2015
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 14:43:39 +1000

Hi Boris,

Thanks for all your work on this, the detailed reports are very helpful!

> On 20 Sep 2015, at 12:39, Nagaev Boris <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> […]
>  * a package changing files created by other package
>    Example: winpthreads, freeglut, ncurses, freetds, freetype.

There are three classes of problem here:
    - alternate implementations
    - linear toolchain build
    - circular dependencies

I have some ideas and wip about how to fix these (especially the latter two)
and will hopefully get to them soon.

> PS. I build MXE on Debian Wheezy and Jessie. Can someone do the same
> work on OSX and other platforms supported by MXE?

There are long standing issues with nsis and ocaml* on OS X, the only other
failing package is pire.