Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE: How to build a self-sufficient DLL that

From: Matthias Geier
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE: How to build a self-sufficient DLL that statically includes other libraries?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:08:28 +0100

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 25/03/15 11:26, Matthias Geier wrote:

[...]

>>> And always check that the path you set is actually correct.
>>
>> The $PATH definitely works, since all the right executables (with
>> $TARGET prefixed) are mentioned in the ./configure output and I can
>> call them directly from the shell.
>
> Are you adding too much to the path? You must only add "/mxe_dir/usr/bin".
> *Not* "/mxe_dir/usr/$TARGET/bin". This will break stuff.

I'm doing this:

export PATH=$(pwd)"/mxe/usr/bin:$PATH"

So no, nothing with $TARGET.
And I can run the executables without specifying a path, so I think
the $PATH should be fine.

>> How can I check if the pkgconfig stuff works?
>
> If you get different output compared to native pkg-config, it works. For
> example, on Linux, vorbis is missing "-lm" in --libs.

Indeed, it's exactly as you say.

$ i686-w64-mingw32.static-pkg-config --libs vorbis ogg
-lvorbis -logg -lm
$ pkg-config --libs vorbis ogg
-lvorbis -logg

So it looks like this environment variable is also OK ...

[...]

>> These are the exact commands I'm calling (some line breaks may be messed
>> up):
>>
>> [...]
>> cd mxe/
>>
>> make libsndfile -j8 JOBS=8 MXE_TARGETS=$TARGET
>
> Does that work?

Yes.
Isn't it supposed to?

> If yes, then you could edit the mk and use "--disable-static
> --enable-shared". Then search for the dll in usr/.

That's exactly what I did initially!

And this leads to the exact same warnings and errors that I mentioned before.
That's why I asked in the list ...

cheers,
Matthias