Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Any hints on how to debug on MXE?

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Any hints on how to debug on MXE?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 05:52:28 +0000

On Sun Feb 15 2015 at 2:14:39 PM Nagaev Boris <address@hidden> wrote:
Nevertheless consider moving to stable branch of MXE. It is less buggy
and has both Qt 4 and Qt 5 as well as master branch.

I would argue against doing this. Yes it might be less "buggy," but we don't even have enough hands maintaining master branch, much less stable branch. This means that crucial security fixes might not be applied in time.

Nikos, I feel that N. N.'s suggestion is the way to go. Could you please try doing that and report back any findings?

SeeĀ http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/plugins-howto.html#details-of-linking-static-plugins andĀ http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtplugin.html#Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN

Thank you for reporting and testing,

Timothy