Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Any hints on how to debug on MXE?

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Any hints on how to debug on MXE?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 23:45:57 +0200

On 15/02/15 23:40, Nagaev Boris wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 9:21 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> wrote:

And it seems that's not even possible? From:

   http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-5.4/windows-deployment.html

"Since we cannot deploy plugins using the static linking approach, the
application we have prepared is incomplete. It will run, but the
functionality will be disabled due to the missing plugins. To deploy
plugin-based applications we should use the shared library approach."

So is this a no-go with MXE?

Qt's to- and from-unicode codecs work in MXE, at least in master
branch with Qt 4.

Try the following:

1. Use stable branch of MXE instead of master branch of MXE
2. Use Qt 4 instead of Qt 5
3. Use shared libraries instead of static. See configuration variable
MXE_TARGETS.

Qt4 is not an option (and it already works fine.) I'm specifically trying to get Qt5 to work for video support on Windows (Qt4 lacks QtMultimedia).

I'll try shared libraries. Though it doesn't seem to allow me to just specify one single package? Keep everything static except Qt5? Is that possible?

I'll try just manually removing "-static" from the qt mk files.