Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt/QML App?

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt/QML App?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:42:05 +0100

On 01/23/2015 04:08 PM, Michael Sumulong wrote:
Hi,

I am using the master branch (pulled yesterday) and I am trying to run a Qt/QML (Qt 5.4) application compiled under the mxe and I was able to compile the application without issue. However, when I try to deploy the application on to a Windows machine, I get an error saying QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component and the proceeds to list a bunch of QtQuick.* is not installed.

I then went to look for windeployqt to help figure out what's missing but apparently MXE disables building it for some reason. So I tried to run windeployqt on my Windows development environment but it says that my app isn't even a Qt application.

Has anyone had any luck in running a Qt/QML application compiled under MXE?

-Mike

Are you using static or shared linking? You might want to try a shared build if you haven't already. If you're using static linking, you might consider whether the problem is a failure to link plugins. Qmake is supposed to take care of that automatically. Let us know.

Mark