Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt / Angle / OpenGL

From: SEAiq
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt / Angle / OpenGL
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:05:17 -0600

We do use the normal OpenGL interface and when it works it works great.  However, our app (a marine navigation app used by pilots to navigate large seagoing vessels) makes use of OpenGL shaders so it will not work with the Microsoft OpenGL 1.1 fall-back library.  Expecting users to have up to date OpenGL libraries is (very) problematic.

I believe it is exactly for this reason that Google and Firefox invested the effort in developing ANGLE… its avoids the hassles with OpenGL libraries not working or being out of date.  I believe it is also for this reason that QT has embedded ANGLE in their distribution.

Does anyone have any experience with using ANGLE as part of or in conjunction with MXE?

best, Mark