[Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE Initial Build Completed...now what?

From: Bill Westrup
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE Initial Build Completed...now what?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:03:28 -0600

I've installed and ran the initial build for MXE. Everything appears to have run without error. I was able to find the executable I needed: ffmpeg. However, the results were disappointing. The executable does nothing. When I run it from the Windows command line I get zero output. It simply presents a command prompt, as if I had just typed nothing and pressed enter.

What am I missing here? How could this run for hours without errors but produce an executable that does nothing but return to the command prompt? Shouldn't I get at least an error message? Perhaps I deployed the results incorrectly? Are there other components that need to be copied over? (There are no documents that I could find on how to deploy the resulting executable.)

Thanks,
Bill

--
Bill Westrup