Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update on pull request

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update on pull request
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 16:15:10 +1100

Hi Rashad,

> On 10 Dec 2014, at 04:31, Rashad M <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Timothy,
>
> Is it Ok to check if there is any update on pull request?

Thanks for working on this, it looks like a of effort! If you’ve addressed
Timothy’s earlier comments and have a final working version, some cleanup is
required before it can be merged. The main issues I see are:

- merge conflicts so it can’t be tested easily
- whitespace and patch headers: there shouldn’t be any tabs and some changes
like goes.mk do nothing other than introduce them (try `make cleanup-style` and
review the “creating packages” docs [1] as a starting point)
- squashing commits to single units of change (“add package openjpeg”, “gdal:
enable shared and openjpeg support”, “itk: update, enable shared and libpng
tiff jpeg expat support" etc.)

I’d recommend starting with a single diff against master and selectively
staging each set of changes. Search for help on interactive staging [2] for
pointers on dealing with multiple changes to the same file (say index.html).

[1]
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/mxe/mxe/master/index.html#creating-packages
[2] http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Interactive-Staging