[Mingw-cross-env-list] Call for shared library requests (was: Release pl

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Call for shared library requests (was: Release plan for next master -> stable) release
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 08:47:21 +0200

Fayvel Victor schrieb:
> is there a plan when the next big stable release (merge from master to
> stable) will happen?

Thanks for asking. This is a valid concern and we will perform
the next release within a few weeks. As for the last release,
Tony Theodore will coordinate the testing phase as well as the
release.

Until that release, we should try to make the shared library
builds more complete, turning this experimental feature into
a more useful one.

So everyone is invited to provide feedback if you intend to build
your real(!) application via shared libraries instead of static
linking. What shared builds are missing? What other issues do
you have?

Also, of course, everyone is invited to volunteer in making more
packages build as shared libraries. It would be great to have a
more comprehensive list of working shared library builds in the
next release. (although that won't be a release blocker)

Regards,