[Mingw-cross-env-list] checkout sources instead of download or host a ta

From: Rashad M
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] checkout sources instead of download or host a tar.gz file.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:12:18 +0200

Hi all,

I had been successful in building OTB and its dependencies via MXE and the copies binaries on windows works fine. (one exception)

Thanks to the great work of mxe team.

I have some question now:

1. For some libraries I am not able to get a source code as tar or zip. The only way is to download form repository and make them manually. Here MXE download archives and what i did was put it on localhost and fake a download. (not a clear way). I could also build them without using mxe make system. But I want them inside MXE and create .mk files.

2. How to deal with libraries that doesn't provide a archive or I want to switch to a development version. For example. I need OSSIM,ITK latest trunk version which can be checkout. And i can also make a tar or zip. But how will I set mxe to use this zip file instead of downloading?

Copy it to mxe/pkg/ will be ok? But best case would be to allow checkout from  a repository and yes it must be based on the mk files. So that users can checkout or either download archives.

3. I had update some .mk files to enable shared libraries, gdal, giflib etc.( I can have a complete diff if required)

--
Regards,
   Rashad