[Mingw-cross-env-list] openmp (and an unrelated issue on _aligned_malloc

From: Jos De Laender
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] openmp (and an unrelated issue on _aligned_malloc)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 08:41:11 +0200

Hey,

Can someone help me yet another time on the use of mxe ?

I'm building for x86_x64-w64-mingw32.static (by the way, where can I find a decent explanation of this triplet/quartet ?) and my main libs will be qt and graphicsmagick.

All works well in its 'basic' settings.

However I want to use openmp in my application (and I would like graphicsmagick uses it as well).
And there things start to go weird.

If I make libgomp as first, then I end up in multiple definitions at link time. If I don't make libgomp, my application seems to have _OPENMP defined but cannot include <omp.h>. If I make libgomp as last, that seems to work, but I don't trust the result too far as graphicsmagick doesn't likely use it then. (And I didn't yet check if my app really uses openmp then).
Also I see that gcc.mk disables libgomp ...

So basically I'm on a trial and error path I don't like. Can someone shed some light as how I *should* introduce openmp in the chain to have it reliable ? Someone mentioned somewhere :
- make gcc
- make libgomp
- tweak gcc.mk to use libgomp
- make gcc
- remainder
That sounds complicated but could make sense, I just don't know.

On a completely unrelated note. My application uses _aligned_malloc() somewhere and as soon as I use that, my application crashes. It goes well if I replace by a standard malloc. Are there issues with _aligned_malloc ? Which ones exactly ? The weird thing is it crashes under Windows 7 but runs happily under wine ...

Thanks for your great project and the help !

Jos