[Mingw-cross-env-list] Portaudio shared and mingw-w64 builds (was: To bu

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Portaudio shared and mingw-w64 builds (was: To build shared objects as option)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:39:13 +1100

On 10 Feb 2014, at 19:11, Tuukka Pasanen <address@hidden> wrote:

> How much work that portaudio stuff needs to be really workable solutions?

Hard to say, by the time I'm reading sources on the pei format[1], I think I'm
probably going about it the wrong way!

I’ve enabled the shared and mingw-w64 builds (with fewer APIs for the latter):

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/compare/bfc6be49a4...3d88ea1

but I think you should ask on the portaudio list - tricking libtool into
linking shared libs isn’t likely the common way and they probably have an
easier solution.

[1] Line 40 onwards may be handy for future reference.
https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/bfd/libpei.h?annotate=1.25&cvsroot=src