Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] To build shared objects as option

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] To build shared objects as option
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 20:35:50 +1100

On 16 Dec 2013, at 07:40, Timothy Gu <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Tuukka Pasanen
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've been testing this shared building roughly week now. My problem is
>> getting Mixxx (http://mixxx.org) compile on MinGW and linux so that's
>> why i'm interested in shared MXE.
>> I forked Shared MXE and I've added plenty missing packages and enabled
>> many packages to compile as shared DLL.
>> Now I've asking should I even try to make pull request or is it just
>> testing phase where ain't gonna get nothing in?
>
> That was a *big* patch set!
>
> I would recommend to separate adding new packages (chromaprint,
> libid3tag, taglib, rubberband, vamp-pluings-sdk) to another branch,
> that can be directly added to our current master branch.
>
> Regarding your question on how to contribute to @tonytheodore's repo,
> TBH I don't really know as I am not @tonytheodore. But if you really
> want to contribute, I'd say the following things:
>
> 1. merge the current master into that branch before the delta becomes too big
> 2. make a pull req to Tony's repo if he agrees
>
> CC'ing the mailing list as I found out that this is not CC'd to it currently.
>
> Timothy

Thanks, I’ve had a quick look at
https://github.com/illuusio/mxe/tree/shared-using-target and it seems that it
should mostly be easy enough to merge. Some patches will be an issue though -
take zlib-3-win32-tml.patch as an example, we can’t go hard-coding things like
"#define ZLIB_DLL 1”.

I’ll make some time to do more testing, with the goal of getting the basic
build rules into master fairly soon.