Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for window

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for windows 7 (64 bit))
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 01:29:55 +0200

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> On 24/07/2013, at 5:43 PM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Tony Theodore schrieb:
> >
> >> The only other process question is release criteria. The open issues at
> >> the moment are outdated native versions and a strange edge case with
> >> cmake's hdf5 detection. The former is well know, and the latter can be
> >> fixed in stable at a later date (since nothing depends on the affect
> >> packages itk and vtk6) - I think this release is ready to go.
> >
> > I fully agree. Let's start the release.
>
> The hdf5 issue is now fixed, what are the next steps?

The biggest steps are already done. The remaining work
is quick and simple:

1) Ensure that your Git repository is configured correctly:

http://mxe.cc/#committers

2) Fast-forward the stable branch to master:

git checkout stable
git merge --ff-only master
git push

3) Announce in mailing lists, forums, etc.

Quick list that comes to my mind:

- MXE mailing list
- Freecode.com (formerly Freshmeat.net)
- MinGW mailing list
- Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com)
- ...

Note that I'll have to take care of Freecode.com
on my own, because MXE is connected to my account.
It would be great of projects could be shared among
multiple Freecode accounts, but AFAIR this is not
possible there.

Regards,