Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe for windows 7 (64 bit)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe for windows 7 (64 bit)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 00:06:40 +1000

On 22/06/2013, at 5:41 AM, Martin Müllenhaupt <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 21.06.2013 18:08, Martin Müllenhaupt wrote:
>> I have no vtk6.mk yet
>
> Here's a vtk6.mk. It also builds QVTK and installs fine.

Great! I've committed it along with some fixes for OSX, whitespace, external
hdf5, and mingw-w64:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/9da7a4327c6a0fb5eaef699040b8e05c5e2a6293
https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/feec65f32d7e06f4cf2b2bacebf48bbe41a40767

hdf5 has open issues on 64-bit targets:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2013-01/msg00018.html

and some more of the VTK_USE_SYSTEM_* options need to be set, but otherwise
this seems ready to go and plays nicely with a side-by-side install of vtk5.

> I tried to build the examples, but the usual cmake-qt-linker-errors
> showed up (tiff->lzma, mng->cms).
>
> I'm currently doing a 'make vtk6 MXE_TARGETS=x86_64-w64-mingw32' but
> it's still compiling.

The examples are building successfully here for all three targets with
"-DBUILD_EXAMPLES=ON", though I didn't try to build them by hand or execute
them.

> I hope this is useful for you, or at least a lean starting point for a
> fresh VTK build. The VTK 5.8 patches are hard to maintain.

Thanks again, it prompted me to figure out the cmake "TryRun" mechanism so I
may be able to update the 5 series.