[Mingw-cross-env-list] qt5 QtWebkit

From: fabrice
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] qt5 QtWebkit
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 23:07:57 +0200

I just built qt5 successfully under linux (kubuntu 13.04) and used it to cross-build a fairly complex qt5 app OK.

However I need QtWebkit to enable a (marginally useful) browsing capability. To date QtWebkit is not available under qt5 and a search in this forum tells me it has been disabled in qt4 too.

Is there any chance of getting it back on board?

A tentative try to build it pointed to the following issue: QtWebkit requests libicu, which normally cross-builds. However trying to do so in the MXE environment resulted in configure complaining about namespace support not being enabled. The issue arises with all common (recent) versions of libstdc++ (specifically, the MXE version/environment, my standard i686-pc-mingw32 gcc-4.8.0 based environment and the debian i586-mingw32msvc-gcc apt-installed environment, based on gcc-4.2.1)

I could not circumvent this. Any idea?