Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] More 'make update' strangeness.

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] More 'make update' strangeness.
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:49:16 +1100

On 26/03/2013, at 10:04 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 26/03/2013, at 9:31 PM, Ulrich Klauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> sort -V might be enough, but it is specific to GNU sort, of course.
>
> I hadn't seen the -V option before but I just checked and coreutils is
> available on macports and freebsd. I was just about to add it as a
> requirement and portability variable, but I see you've done a manual
> multi-field sort.
>
> Is the -V option just syntax sugar for this or does it have some other smarts?

It seems to do a fair bit more [1], I'll add a portability variable and add
coreutils to the requirements. Could you update the pull request to use $(SORT)
-V ?

Thanks,

Tony

[1] "This implements the algorithm for comparison of version strings
specified by Debian and now widely adopted.  The detailed
specification can be found in the Debian Policy Manual in the
section on the `Version' control field.  This version of the code
implements that from s5.6.12 of Debian Policy v3.8.0.1
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version";

from:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/filevercmp.c;h=7dcff8f9511881c78396be8b2c282adedf8efbe5;hb=HEAD