Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] More 'make update' strangeness.

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] More 'make update' strangeness.
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:04:31 +1100

On 26/03/2013, at 9:31 PM, Ulrich Klauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've sent mail to Krzesimir Nowak asking if he could add a tag.

Thanks

>>> Sorting order problem.
>> I've often thought it would be nice to integrate some sort of semantic
>> versioning [1] sort program [2], [3], so I've added it to the tracker [4].
>
> sort -V might be enough, but it is specific to GNU sort, of course.

I hadn't seen the -V option before but I just checked and coreutils is
available on macports and freebsd. I was just about to add it as a requirement
and portability variable, but I see you've done a manual multi-field sort.

Is the -V option just syntax sugar for this or does it have some other smarts?

> I see a strange issue when doing a "partial" make update where the PKGS
> variable includes libgomp:
> $ LANG=C make update PKGS="gnutls libgomp physfs"
> Makefile:214: *** Unknown archive format: /home/chi/prg-mxe/mxe/pkg/.  Stop.
>
> I assume it has something to do with libgomp not having a source download of
> its own?

Yes, libgomp gets its version from gcc and since gcc isn't in the PKGS list,
none of it's variables are defined.